Brussels, 18 January 2023 – In December 2022, new motor vehicle registrations in the EU expanded by 12.8%, marking the fifth consecutive thirty day period of progress this yr.
In December 2022, new auto registrations in the EU expanded by 12.8%, marking the fifth consecutive month of advancement this calendar year. Despite this optimistic end result, only two of the region’s 4 main markets recorded development. The German and Italian auto marketplaces experienced an incredibly powerful stop to 2022, publishing double-digit increases of 38.1% and 21.% respectively. Spain, on the other hand, suffered a significant drop (-14.1%), while France remained secure (-.1%).
Total in 2022, the European Union passenger car or truck market contracted by 4.6%, mostly due to the impact of element shortages in the initially 50 % of the yr. Whilst the market place improved from August to December 2022, cumulative volumes stand at 9.3 million units, the region’s least expensive stage considering the fact that 1993, when 9.2 million models ended up registered. Between the EU’s four most significant marketplaces, only Germany managed to publish expansion in 2022 (+1.1%), assisted by the powerful outcome in December. The other 3 marketplaces all executed even worse than in 2021, with Italy posting the steepest decline (-9.7%), followed by France (-7.8%) and Spain (-5.4%).
General in 2022, the European Union passenger car or truck marketplace contracted by 4.6%, largely due to the impact of element shortages in the initially 50 percent of the calendar year.
- The European Auto Manufacturers’ Affiliation (ACEA) represents the 14 big Europe-based mostly motor vehicle, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, DAF Vans, Daimler Truck, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco Team, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Renault Group, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo Team.
- Go to www.acea.auto for a lot more data about ACEA, and observe us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_automobile or www.linkedin.com/corporation/ACEA/.
- Get in touch with: Francesca Piazza, Figures Supervisor, [email protected].
About the EU car market
- 13. million Europeans do the job in the automotive sector
- 11.5% of all production jobs in the EU
- €374.6 billion in tax earnings for European governments
- €79.5 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Almost 8% of EU GDP produced by the car industry
- €58.8 billion in R&D paying out on a yearly basis, 32% of EU total
Passenger auto registrations
5 Women That Shaped the Automobile and the World Around It (and Us)
Automobile retail sales see double-digit growth in February on robust demand
Automobile: Automobile retail sales see double-digit growth in Feb on robust demand