Brussels, 18 January 2022 – In December 2021, passenger car registrations throughout the European Union declined by 22.8% to 795,295 units, marking the sixth consecutive month of drop.
In December 2021, passenger auto registrations across the European Union declined by 22.8% to 795,295 units, marking the sixth consecutive month of decline. Most of the region’s marketplaces faced double-digit drops, including the 4 significant types: Italy (-27.5%), Germany (-26.9%), Spain (-18.7%) and France (-15.1%). In fact, the only EU auto marketplaces that expanded previous month have been Bulgaria, Croatia, Latvia and Slovenia.
In general in 2021, product sales of new automobiles in the EU fell by 2.4% to 9.7 million models, despite the history very low foundation of comparison of 2020. This slide was the final result of the semiconductor shortage that negatively impacted motor vehicle output in the course of the yr, but specially in the course of the second 50 percent of 2021. Indeed, last yr complete EU car registrations ended up nonetheless 3.3 million models underneath pre-crisis product sales in 2019.
Wanting at the complete calendar year for the 4 big EU marketplaces, only Germany posted a decrease (-10.1%) in 2021. By contrast, Italy saw the optimum boost (+5.5%), adopted by Spain (+1.%) and France (+.5%) with modest progress.
- The European Car Manufacturers’ Affiliation (ACEA) represents the 16 significant Europe-centered automobile, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, DAF Vans, Daimler, Daimler Truck, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco Group, Jaguar Land Rover, Renault Group, Stellantis, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, Volvo Cars, and Volvo Team.
- Visit www.acea.auto for extra info about ACEA, and comply with us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_vehicle or www.linkedin.com/organization/ACEA/.
- Call: Francesca Piazza, Figures Supervisor, [email protected]
About the EU car industry
- 12.6 million Europeans perform in the car market (right and indirectly), accounting for 6.6% of all EU work opportunities.
- 11.6% of EU production careers – some 3.5 million – are in the automotive sector.
- Motor automobiles are liable for €398.4 billion of tax profits for governments across crucial European markets.
- The vehicle field generates a trade surplus of €76.3 billion for the EU.
- The turnover produced by the vehicle market represents extra than 8% of the EU’s GDP.
- Investing €62 billion in R&D every year, the automotive sector is Europe’s most significant non-public contributor to innovation, accounting for 33% of full EU shelling out.
Passenger auto registrations
5 Women That Shaped the Automobile and the World Around It (and Us)
Automobile retail sales see double-digit growth in February on robust demand
Automobile: Automobile retail sales see double-digit growth in Feb on robust demand