ROSCOMMON – Roscommon County Council on Getting old (RCCOA) held their 6th Annual “Meals on Wheels” Car or truck Clearly show Aug. 13 at the Firemen’s coaching grounds in Roscommon. This event’s objective is to teach the communities about and to raise funds for the Foods-on-Wheels program.
“We actually enjoy everyone coming out even in the rain,” mentioned RCCOA Govt Director Mary Fry. “And we take pleasure in everyone’s help of our Meals on Wheels application in Roscommon County.”
Above the previous various decades Roscommon County has witnessed major progress in the program, indicating that the need is rising. 43% of Roscommon County residents are more than the age of 60. In accordance to the U.S. Census Bureau, those people around the age of 65 are expected to double for the duration of the upcoming 3 many years. The past little one boomer will change 65 in the 12 months 2030. Roscommon County has twice as many “seniors” as university-aged children.
33 motor vehicles signed up and the famed meatloaf lunch was a good results. New this yr was a breakfast and a hotdog, chips and pop lunch. All three foods were a market out!
~ Images by Theresa Ekdom
Listing of the winner are underneath:
- Authentic: Freeman Kibbe, 1950 Ford F-6 Stake Truck
- Primary Restored: Patti Moreau, 1956 Ford Thunderbird
- Customized: Lee Kaufman, 1931 Chevy 2 door Sedan
- Rat Rod: Doug & Diane Ploe, 1937 Ford Model 77 Panel Truck
- Truck: Luke Stefanovsky, 1948 Chevy ½ ton Truck
- Truck Modified: Lloyd Bonzo, 1952 Ford F-1 Pickup
- Bike: Jason Vaughn, 2014 Custom Trike
- Bike Modified: Jason Vaughn, 2014 Custom made Trike
- Import: Josef Bartusek, 1960 Alfa Romeo Giuletta
- 1900’s-1949: Donald Moran, 1932 Ford
- 1950’s: Bradley Kiroff, 1955 Mercury
- 1960’s: Tom Moreau, 1969 Chevy Camaro
- 1970’s: Jim Rohlfs, 1972 Nova
- 1980’s – Existing: Dale Kortman, 2004 Chevy Corvette Convertible
- Contemporary Muscle: Jim & Kim Friday, 1986 Chevrolet Camaro
- Finest Chevy: Lee Kaufman, 1931 Chevy 2 Doorway Sedan,
- Best Ford: Glenn Hacker, 1950 Ford F-1 Pickup Truck,
- Finest Mopar: Paul & Diane Bauman, 1971 Highway Runner (tribute)
- Pit Crew Selection: Patti Moreau, 1956 Ford Thunderbird
- Driver’s Alternative: Paul & Diane Bauman, 1971 Road Runner (tribute)
- Most effective of Display: Joe & Kim Friday, 1986 Chevrolet Camaro
- 50/50 winner: Mike Looney donated his winnings again to RCCOA $160.00 thank you!
- Gasoline Card winner: Crystal Peplinski